Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shopping, Reading, Football, or Writing?


by June Shaw

What do you enjoy doing most during this Thanksgiving season?

Yes, I believe the majority of us are lucky enough to be able to say what we love best is being with family. That's certainly what my mother said while she was here with us--family and all the things we have to be grateful for. And then of course, like most of us, she'd say, "Food!"

So now that we're stuffed, and our beloved families go back to their daily activities, what do you like to do?

Do you get in line when it's dark and early for Good Friday deals? What about Saturday shopping? Were you out there spry-eyed this morning to hit the smaller shops that release unique items? Are you a person who loves all the extra football this Thanksgiving weekend, so you look forward to getting your fill?

Possibly you enjoy having an extra day or so off so you can get to read more. Maybe you can concentrate enough with all of the extra preparation and people and football--and can spend more time writing.

That's what I'm trying to do. What I love best about this season is more time spent with family. I enjoy the different food and try not to stuff too much. I watched LSU and will grab my pom-poms and clackers when the Saints play, but these are things I normally do on weekends. One of my granddaughters has a soccer game I'll go and watch today, and a friend has his first booksigning, so I'll go to those. Right now I'm giving thanks because I have this period of time in which I'll write more on my next book.

What do you love doing the most during this season of Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

Jaden Terrell said...

I worked on Killer Nashville and spent a lot of time at the stables. I've been enjoying spending time with Pete, my 32-year-old quarter horse.

Jean Henry Mead said...

June, I think we all have a lot to be thankful for, regardless of the economy and financial cliffs. We could be living in Nigeria or
Ethiopia and telling our stories around a campfire.