Monday, June 10, 2013

Audio Books

One of the beauties of the current publishing world is the variety of ways we can publish books. I have various editions that include hardcover, paperback, large print, audio book and e-books.

As a reader, I’m particularly fond of audio books. I got started with audio books a number of years ago when I met Jim Collins, business guru and author of Good to Great, at a graduation party. He described how he always listened to audio books when in the car. I liked the idea and began listening to audio books whenever I was driving by myself.

I’ve found that over the course of a year I listen to between twelve and eighteen books with normal driving for errands and to events around the greater Denver area. In addition, I’ve become a better driver. Rather than getting uptight when someone ahead of me doesn’t merge, I now sit back, relax and listen to the story.

I give presentations to a number of low vision groups, and audio books are popular with this audience as well.
How many of you are audio book readers?


Mike Befeler

1 comment:

June Shaw said...

I haven't listened to audio books in quie some time, but you've made me want to do it again. My daughter loves them.