Monday, July 8, 2013

Getting That Latest Book in Hand

I’ve just published my sixth novel. It may not have given me the same rush as touching my first published book, but it was certainly a great feeling to once again open a box from the publisher to receive and touch the first copies of Care Homes Are Murder.

This is the fifth book in my Paul Jacobson Geezer-lit Mystery Series (I also have one other book published, The V V Agency). Octogenarian Paul Jacobson returns to Hawaii for a vacation with his family and becomes involved in a series of crimes, while struggling with the problems of his short-term memory loss. He faces a number of strange coincidences involving acts of vandalism, drug dealers and two murders. Paul puts all the pieces together, escapes a watery grave, and with the help of his friends, solves the murders.
In this era of multiple forms of publishing (paper, audio, e-books), I still find it enjoyable to hold a book. I don’t agree with the doomsayers who believe printed books will disappear. I feel we will continue to have a world of diverse forms of reading.

So fellow writers, do you still get a kick out of holding a printed copy of your latest book?

 
Mike Befeler

No comments: