Monday, January 14, 2013

Giving Presentations


With the release of the fourth book in my Paul Jacobson Geezer-lit Mystery Series, Cruising in Your Eighties Is Murder, I’m in the process of putting together a new presentation. I speak at Optimist, Kiwanis, Rotary Clubs, other service organizations, retirement communities, libraries, writers groups, etc. For each of my books, I’ve developed a new presentation, so I can go back to the same groups without boring them. I keep a running file of ideas and spend a week or so going through this file to consolidate the ideas into a coherent presentation. Then I write a script and practice it. I take walks almost every day, and this is an excellent time to practice. So if you see someone on a walking path talking to himself, it could be someone on a cell phone, a person communicating with aliens or me, practicing my speech.

As an aside, I had a wonderful weekend attending my first national board meeting of Mystery Writers of 
America. I also enjoyed some great discussions with fellow Murderous Musings author Beth Terrell.

Mike Befeler

No comments: