Monday, May 24, 2010

Blog Today

by Ben Small




I apologize for not blogging today. I hate excuses, but this time I’ve got a doozy. Not only is my study being painted, but when I moved the laptop -- which had half of my blog on David Hoffman’s THE DEAD HAND, an outstanding book tracking nukes and bio-weapons from the Cold War to now -- the laptop blew up. Well, it didn’t explode really -– writer’s license -- but the operating system failed. The blue screen of death. So my laptop is residing with the Geek Squad, where they’re doing a data backup and a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium. I won’t have it back for three days. Yes, I’ve got two other computers, but I can’t use my study except to write this, and  both of my other computers are desktops, located… well, you know… I’d have to start over, and I’d likely pass out from the smell and color myself in shades of burnt orange not covered by Coppertone. So now, I’ll put the paint canvas back over everything and smother my sorrows in pizza.

Argh. Top that if you can.


3 comments:

Mark W. Danielson said...

Love the photo, Ben, but it doesn't look like the blue screen of death to me.

Jean Henry Mead said...

No comment.

Terry Stonecrop said...

I sympathize completely. Enjoy your day off!