Saturday, May 24, 2014

Setting Writing Goals


by June Shaw

Many writers set goals for their work-in-progress, while maybe even more of them don't.

For goal setters, I've heard many writers mention going for creating one new page a day. Then by the end of the year, of course, they would have enough pages for a book. Many others say they go after the number of words they write each time they sit at their computers. A computer page is about two hundred and fifty words, so those with little time often go for that short goal, which at least keeps them creating new work.

Most often what I've heard writers say is they aim for one thousand or more words at one sitting. Those who have or make time to really work fast sometimes mention they do twenty-five hundred new words a day. I did that once. My shoulders were aching. So was my rear. But wow, was it exciting to see the number of words I'd come up in one sitting.

How about you? If you're a writer, do you set goals for how many words you plan to write in a day?

If so, do you meet those goals?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

June


http://www.juneshaw.com

No comments: