Saturday, February 11, 2012

What Do You Write or Read Besides Mystery?

June Shaw

If you normally write and/or read mysteries, do you ever read or write in other areas? If so, what would that be?

I've been lucky enough to sell a series with three humorous mysteries. Currently, I'm trying something else. I'm writing a picture book with my granddaughter.

A few months ago eight-year-old Claire (who's adorable) asked if I'd hurry and finish my third mystery so I could get back to writing the book with her. I had gotten the idea for this book and asked her for suggestions. Then I purchased two books about writing for children. I read a number of articles about it, too, and borrowed a lot of Claire's books so I'd feel more competent to write a book (or two or more) with her.

Now it's almost ready! And I do hope you'll be looking for it soon for your own children or grandchildren or just because you love the idea.

HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR PET GHOST by June Shaw & Claire Naquin should be out soon.

Claire is so excited. So am I. We're making a list of people who'll want to buy a copy once it comes out. Anybody want your name added? : )

And no, I won't stop writing and reading mysteries.

5 comments:

Mark W. Danielson said...

Variety is the spice of life. (You can quote me on that if you like:) Right now I'm reading About A Dog and a short story collection called The Wild West. It's fun mixing non-fiction with fiction.

June Shaw said...

Yep, Mark, I'll give you credit for that quote: )

It is nice to mix non-fiction with fiction.

Earl Staggs said...

What a wonderful idea, June, writing with your granddaughter. I'm sure it'll be a big hit.

June Shaw said...

Thankk, Early. I sure hope so.

Jaden Terrell said...

That's a great title. I can already think of several grown-ups--including myself--I'd like to but it for,