Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blame it on Mardi Gras

by June Shaw

I was supposed to blog here today, and I forgot.

Well blame it on Mardi Gras.

Just do not blame it on my age.

Since I live about an hour southwest of New Orleans, we have lots of parades. So do most of the cities around us.

Our parades are not as flamboyant or the carnival balls as extravagant as those in the big city, but we do take our carnival season seriously. No, actually, we just have fun and play.

So that's what I've been doing instead of noticing that it was time for me to write. Why I didn't get it done before is a mystery.

1 comment:

Jean Henry Mead said...

June, I love Mardi Gras. One year we traveled across the entire Gulf Coast, winding up in Mobile, Alabama on Fat Tuesday (or was it Friday?) Never had so much fun! I wore my Mardi Gras T-shirt this last week to celebrate.