Sunday, January 16, 2011

Musings From A Mind That Wanders

It's hard to follow Leighton's post. Today's Cape Cod Times showed photo of people in Brazil carrying tiny coffins of children to be buried. Just horrific.

As for me, well, it only took a day for me to break the New Year's resolution I promised myself (and announced) in my last MM post. The one about writing tighter etc etc. But I'm trying!

In the "life imitates art" department, this week I lost my cell phone. For any of you who've read my first mystery, Retirement Can Be Murder, you may chuckle at that because a lost cell phone is key to unmasking the murderer. After my initial panic, frantic phone calls, and worries about identity theft -- my e-mail is loaded onto my cell phone, which seemed like a good idea at the time -- I returned to the most likely place I could have dropped it, a local consignment store. I was greeted at the store by all the staff, big grins on their faces, who said in chorus, "Your husband called." Waited a beat. "He found your cell phone." Much laughter. Including some from me. He'd dialed my number and then walked around the house and listened for the ringing. Now, why didn't I think of that? I just may have to re-introduce the cell phone angle in another book. Or...maybe not.

No comments: